Thursday, February 3, 2011

So, we're supposed to have snow?!?


Life has literally come to a screeching halt here in Houston and surrounding areas due to a chance of ice/snow. It's almost laughable to others who aren't from here (okay, it IS laughable.) We have an extreme overreaction to snow, ice, sleet, winter weather "mix" as they call it on the news. Who can blame us? Give us 100+ degree weather and humidity so high you can't breathe- we're fine. Hurricanes- no biggie, we're old pros at boarding up the house and "hunkering" down. But below 30 degree weather and ice, possibly snow? Work lets out early, schools close, the weather forecasters report with impending doom as if Armageddon itself is looming at our doorstep. It's quite comical. Don't get me wrong, I'll be staying home tonight and tomorrow and enjoying the warmth of my house and fireplace. But I just get a kick out of our weather forecast. People...it'll be in the 60's again on Saturday- you don't have to stock up on groceries as if we're getting snowed in for weeks. It's ONE DAY!  :)

Okay...I feel better that y'all have heard my winter angst. Thanks for understanding.
*However, if it DOES by any chance snow, you will probably find a post with pictures of me and my girls building inch tall snowmen, because as ridiculous as the hype is...I'm a little kid all over again at the first snowflake.

No comments:

Post a Comment