Wednesday, February 2, 2011

House-Decorating Diaries

We moved in last April and I am still in the process of decorating the house. I put pictures on the wall, stare at them for a month, and then decide I want to completely change the wall. So I take pictures down, patch up holes, touch up paint, and then start all over again. I think it's a sickness, I am addicted to redecorating. The minute it is "done" in my mind, it's a challenge to re-do it. My husband has said repeatedly if he were to come home in the middle of the night and not turn on the lights, he'd kill himself because furniture is moved around here on a regular basis. I try to be content. I do, but there is so much fun in the re-doing process.
I'm in love with the idea of taking old objects and making them new. I love taking unexpected objects (like forks or spoons) and making a decoration out of them. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I see beauty all around me. I love the meaningfulness of a house-having purposeful decorations. The idea behind my decorating is that when you look around my house you see the things that matter to me:  God, family, my girls.

My comfy chair where I read to the girls

my fun double sided mantel- love decorating this

my "formal" living room

my dining room and FAVE china cabinet-Love it!

2 comments: